Mobility Tape rolls are 2 inches wide x 16.4 feet long / 5 cm x 5 m
- Infused with menthol for immediate relief
- Hypoallergenic adhesive lasts up to 5 days of activity
- Full range of motion; 180% stretch, the same elasticity as skin
- Made of 90% cotton and 10% spandex
- Water resistant to use with greater confidence
- Comes in branded black or green rolls
Store in ziplock bag once opened to reduce menthol oil loss
3 Stages of relief
Both kinesiology tapes and menthol creams have traditionally been used to control pain. The menthol infusion in Mobility Tape creates a new stage of relief however, by continuing to offer low dose menthol to the painful site.
Many pain relief creams contain menthol due to its instant cooling effect and its pain relieving properties. You may experience the menthol in Mobility Tape as either a warming or cooling sensation. Because the menthol oil is infused into the adhesive under the tape, the effects typically last longer than creams exposed to air. For most people it lasts a few hours. This effect can also reactivate when the tape is wet.
ONGOING BENEFITS FROM MENTHOL
Traditionally menthol was considered to be an effective analgesic (pain reliever) due to its effect on the temperature receptors in neurons. Current research shows however, that it also blocks the sodium and calcium channels of the neurons, which causes a relaxation in muscles. Menthol has also been shown to activate k-opiods receptors. This can create a similar effect to opiods, without the harmful side effects. So the benefits of menthol can outlast the initial cooling/warming effect and provide 48-60 hours of pain relief with the Mobility Tape infusion.
THE BENEFITS OF KINESIOLOGY TAPE
Kinesiology tape applications work by naturally stimulating your body’s own pain relief and healing systems. The adhesive of the tape is constructed in a weave pattern. This pattern helps stimulates your skin, activating the mechanisms that reduce inflammation and discomfort. Applications can also be done that support injured areas. The tape will typically stay on for about 5 days and provide these benefits throughout the period.
Traditional kinesiology tape is used to reduce recovery time and offer long term pain relief for many conditions including:
• Improved Athletic Performance
• Muscle, Joint & Ligament Strains
• Swelling & Sprains
• Post-op Recovery
• Arthritis & Bursitis
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Disc Injuries
• Plantar fasciitis
• Shin Splints, Rotator Cuff Injuries
With the extra kick from the menthol infusion, Mobility Tape can also be used for:
• Tension Headaches
• Menstrual Cramps and many other painful conditions
Mobility Tape is made with high grade 90% cotton and 10% spandex fabric and a hypoallergenic adhesive. It does not interact with prescription drugs, so it is safe to use by most individuals.
It should not be used over broken skin or by those with menthol allergies. Menthol is not recommended for children under 2 years of age.
Many healthcare professionals apply kinesiology tape in specific patterns, to create desired results. If you do not know the patterns, Mobility Tape can still be applied for its menthol benefits.
- Applications need to be applied to clean, dry skin. The skin needs to be clear of creams, oils and hair, so shaving the intended area of application may be necessary.
- Cut the piece to length. Then round the corners of the strip to reduce the chance of accidental lifting.
- With the backing still on, tear the backing one inch from either end of the strip.
- Without touching the adhesive, apply one end of the tape stretching it slightly as you apply. Lay down the center section of the strip without stretching the tape. Apply a slight stretch to the final portion while applying.
- Using your finger tips or the discarded backing, vigorously rub the tape to warm up the adhesive.
- Store the tape in a ziplock bag, away from heat or sunlight.
CARE ONCE APPLIED
- Do not wet the application or engage in strenuous activity for at least one hour after it is applied.
- The tape is waterproof and breathable and can be worn throughout your day, even while bathing, swimming or showering. It is important to avoid rubbing the tape when it is wet. Always pat the tape dry with a towel after bathing.
- Do not remove the tape when it is wet. When removing the tape, stretch the skin under the tape and then pull the tape gently and slowly so not to irritate the skin.
- If you should experience any irritation or discomfort, remove immediately and inform your healthcare provider.